Introduction to OSHA for Small Businesses in the Forging Industry
The purpose of this workshop is to introduce forging companies to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, which is most commonly known by the acronym OSHA. By gaining an understanding of OSHA operations and procedures, you can learn how to work with OSHA to prevent or reduce injuries and illnesses in your workplace.
The workshop is divided into six sections:
- Background of OSHA
- Coverage, responsibilities and rights under OSHA
OSHA inspection process
- Implementing a safety and health management system
- Assistance to small businesses
At the end of the workshop, participants should be able to:
- Describe the tools OSHA uses to reduce workplace injuries and illnesses.
- Identify basic employer and employee responsibilities and rights under OSHA.
- Recognize how OSHA standards are organized and developed.
- Select the steps of the OSHA inspection process.
- Recognize the four elements of a safety and health management system.
- Obtain information about compliance assistance.
Click here to view/download presentation (pdf)
Click here to view/download the Instructors Guide (pdf)
Click here to view/download the Participant Workbook (pdf)