Benefits of FIA Membership
FIA mission: To improve members' global competitiveness
BENEFITS TO FORGING PRODUCERS
FIA provides focused, high quality opportunities, information and services to North American forging producers in the following areas of:
Productivity and Operating Competitiveness - - FIA is a resource of industry-specific information, training, education and working opportunities not elsewhere available to increase your organization's competitiveness.
- Members listing in FIA's Electronic Customer Buyers Guide and CD-Rom Custom Forging Capability Guide
- Receive customer RFQs via e-mail without the trouble, obligation and costs typically associated with other web sites offering similar services
- Access to industry economic summaries/outlooks
Information - - FIA is the industry's natural communication hub providing information to Customers, Industry, Government, Research and Academic Communities about the forging process and their direct access to FIA members.
- Up-to-date industry news and technical support through e-mail and FIA's website, including Members Only information page
- Partnerships and collaborative efforts leverage the industry's resources to tackle large industry issues and projects
- Professional Growth/Networking provides opportunities to exchange information, ideas and experiences with others in the industry... learn concepts and strategies to make your organization and personnel more effective
Advocacy - - The association is actively representing the industry's interest in the Sound Dollar, Fair Currency and Emergency Steel Scrap Coalitions; Meeting with Departments of Commerce and Trade and taking the industry's story to public policy decision makers.
- Voice on matters of trade and regulatory issues
- Coordinating industry input through Washington Lobbyist
- Communicating the value of manufacturing as a coalition partner with NAM, Metalworking Industries, et al
(See also Products & Services)
BENEFITS TO INDUSTRY SUPPLIERS
FIA Membership shows your customers your commitment to the North American Forging Industry.
- Be listed in the FIA Supplier Guide - an electronic listing of FIA members by product and service categories where you can link your company's home page to FIA's website to highlight your organization's role in the forging industry.
- Participate in FIA Annual and Fall Meetings of Members as well as other conferences/workshops with producer members
- Forge Fair and Vendor Table Top Exhibits at working conferences provide opportunities for you to display your products and technology to the industry. (FIA Members receive discounts on booth registration.)
- As an FIA Member, you will be listed in and receive the FIA Membership Directory (available to members only).
- Become involved with the people and activities of the association by sharing your time and expertise through participation on an FIA committee.
- FIA offers a wide range of training courses that focus on operational, technical and educational topics. Use the courses as training for your personnel or volunteer your knowledge to contribute to a new course!
- As an FIA Supplier Member, you may order, at a greatly reduced cost, industry monthly and annual sales reports for custom impression, open die and seamless rolled ring forging segments. Included in the reports: orders on hand, booked and shipped; new tools, dies and related charges; dollar and weight shipment figures for ferrous, non-ferrous and high-temp. metals; and end-use market breakdowns.
(See also Products & Services)